Along with being a world-class dressage trainer and rider, a cutting horse educator, and social media star, Will Rogers, pictured below, is the founder of the Will Rogers Approach which promotes a way of keeping, handling, and training horses where an understanding of their nature creates a foundation for horse friendly communication.
The master class will operate via an application process and Will will personally select five different people and horse combinations for the day. There will also be demonstration opportunities with other horses.
The master workshop will be held on Tuesday, September 19, at Queensland State Equestrian Centre at Caboolture leading up to one of the state’s biggest horse events, Cowgirls Gathering in Kilkivan later that month.
Cowgirls Gathering founder and director Amanda Loy, pictured below, said it’s an exciting opportunity to learn from one of the world’s best horse trainers.
Do yourself and your horse a favour, this one is not to be missed,” she said.
“Will is passionate about helping people worldwide find a stronger communication and connection with their horse and has amassed close to half a million followers with his refined approach to educating horses.
Will’s horse journey has taken him across the world, learning alongside some of the top cutting horse trainers in the United States, before later moving to Denmark and falling in love with the discipline of dressage. He works with various Olympians and focuses his education on improving horses in dressage, and advanced liberty work.
Tickets for the Will Rogers master workshop are available at cowgirlsgathering.com.au/will-rogers-event.......
About Cowgirls Gathering:
• One of Australia’s only equestrian events that incorporates all disciplines and breeds over three days of classes, clinics, interactive demonstrations and competitions.
• Held from Friday, September 29 to Sunday, October 1 at Kilkivan Showgrounds and Equestrian Centre, 50 kilometres north-west of Gympie.
• Attracts more than 1000 women and their families from across the country.
• Prizes in excess of $20,000 for cowgirls entering competitions.
• Founded in 20201 by Amanda Loy, now based between Brisbane and Towoomba. Amanda is a corporate businesswoman, owner of leather luggage brand ‘Sunday Cowgirl’ and all-round horse enthusiast.
• Renowned equestrian educators from across the world will hold clinics; Allan Collett, Tanja Kraus, Donal Hancock, Jordan Bentley, Matthew Clifford, Ash Barnett and Joe Gardiner.
• Demonstration by Para Equestrian, Noella Angel from South Australia.
• The horse version of Beef Week, Queensland's own Equitana, Australia’s edition of Arizona’s The Art of the Cowgirl.
• Open to all ages, abilities and horse breeds. Inclusive and supportive environment for every participant.
• Glamping tents provided by Sunshine Glamping Co, the Sunshine Coast's premier luxury camping providers.
• Entertainment by James Flinn & Brooklyn Handford on Friday 29 September, Rhinestone Mud Band on Saturday, September 30 and Mud Band on Sunday October 1.
• Focus on women’s health and wellness with ice baths and massages on site for attendees.
• Leatherwork, drawing classes and cowgirl cuff and hat band making classes available.
• Attendees can watch and learn from the sidelines of the various clinics, even if sold out.
• Tickets and more information at cowgirlsgathering.com.au/